The old stone courthouse that stands on the corner of Ballarat Street; the old stone courthouse building was erected between November 1875 and September 1876. The Old Courthouse is one of the few structures that survive from Queenstown’s early gold mining days.
Now, over 130 years on 1876 offers an upmarket menu, relaxed atmosphere, great service & friendly staff. With the option of indoor and outdoor dining 1876 is definitely the place to be. During the long summer months, the huge sun-drenched deck will host various activities with a cider garden, outside cocktail bar, Sunday BBQ and regular live music.